A family owed business that puts quality and safety first, at George Chiala Farms, we are dedicated to supplying our customers with a high quality line of vegetable products. We work hard, expect results, and expect our team to have a balance to enjoy their family and lives outside of work. We work as a family, providing from one family to another with our products.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join our team in Hollister, CA.
This position oversees the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, ammonia, steam, waste management and water treatment ponds. Will be responsible for managing department budget and approves contracts. Facilities Manager will oversee contractors who support our facility and will insure services are delivered on target and/or within timeframe. Able to work within a flexible schedule.
- Management of building systems including HVAC, electrical, and plumbing
- Ammonia systems management. CARO/CIRO
- Cleaning, sanitation, and janitorial services
- Grounds keeping and landscaping
- Arrange for purchase or rental of necessary materials, tools and equipment for facilities projects. Manage recycling programs which include cardboard removal
- Will oversee and manage all facilities team, supervisor and facilities staff, and will work collaboratively with Human Resources on hiring process, staff development and disciplinary matters
- Develop LOTO procedures when needed through Brady Link360
- Ensure all facilities staff are trained in the proper use of necessary tools and equipment, including operation of forklift, man lift, and other industrial equipment and will be responsible for ensuring all facilities staff are trained in awareness of food safety rules, official procedures for handling products including compliance with OSHA safety regulations and health rules
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.