The role of the Biological Controls Technician is to ensure the quality of our crop with the right balance of biological controls during the growth phase. You will be responsible for routine inspection for any abnormalities including pests, disease, nutrition, environmental problems or other variables that may compromise the quality of our product. Additionally, you will conduct the application of different biological controls for a healthy crop.
As a Biological Controls Technician, you are the ultimate filter for our quality products. By maintaining the appropriate levels of applications of biological controls in product you strive to reduce the risk of any sort of pest invading the crop. This role is crucial to the quality we provide our customers.
- Mix or apply pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or insecticides through sprays, dusts, vapors, soil incorporation or chemical application on crops. Requires specific training and certification.
- Cover areas to specified depths with pesticides, applying knowledge of weather conditions, droplet sizes, elevation-to-distance ratios, and obstructions.
- Fill sprayer tanks with water and chemicals, according to formulas.
- Lift, push, and swing nozzles, hoses, and tubes in order to direct spray over designated areas.
- Mix pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides for application
- Start motors and engage machinery, such as sprayer agitators and pumps or portable spray equipment.
- Clean and service machinery to ensure operating efficiency, using water, lubricants, and/or hand tools.
- Connect hoses and nozzles selected according to terrain, distribution pattern requirements, types of infestations, and velocities.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving several variables
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.