Greenheart Farms, Inc. is seeking a Field Project Supervisor for our Arroyo Grande, CA location.
The Field Project Supervisor will be responsible for the oversight of the automated transplant machine during its implementation for use in customer’s fields. This position will be responsible for the quality of work performance of this automated machine and overseeing the employees assigned to this unit. This position involves managing and monitoring personnel for quality work and maintaining a safe work environment by performing the following duties. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company. Management may assign other duties to be completed by the Field Project Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Prepare, maintain, and troubleshoot issues with the automated transplanter for field operations.
- Monitor employee performance and equipment for quality work and safety.
- Prepare planting schedules working with customers and preview fields for readiness.
- Interface with our customers through various means to ensure that we are in compliance with their expectation of work quality.
- Notify our customers when difficulties arise in meeting their requirements and negotiate a workable solution for both parties.
- Recommend, implement, and support continuous improvement within the department and the company to improve employee performance, quality control, productivity, efficiency, and cost reduction.
- Support a proactive safety environment, with emphasis on good housekeeping techniques.
- Periodically review departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare and evaluate employee performance reviews.
- Ability to operate various types of equipment (i.e. pallet jack, forklift, tractor).
- Ability to understand and read/write/speak English and Spanish.
- Wear appropriate PPE according to Standard Operating Procedures and job requirements.
- Ensure all work performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote safety.
- Perform various other duties as required which may include assisting other company departments.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to resolve employee conflicts, problems, and complaints.
- Knowledge of applicable county, state, and federal laws pertaining to EOE, discrimination, sexual harassment, and other labor related allegations
- Effective communication/comprehension skills – verbal and written.
- Possess strong math skills.
- Computer proficiency is a mus. – Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and/or experience with agriculture operation (preferred).
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers and fellow employees.
- Ability to understand and read/write/speak Spanish.
- Ability to function independently and multi-task.
- Ability to lift occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Valid California Class C license required and insurable driving record.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum three years of experience in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and walk on uneven surfaces. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee drives most of day stopping and checking crews throughout the region. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.