We are a growing produce sales company in South Florida with ties to farms in Florida and Georgia. Our goal is to connect our farm partners to direct retail, wholesale, and foodservice customers who expect the finest east coast vegetables. We take pride in our products and value team members that want to build great customer relationships and will contribute to the success of our business, our partnered farms, and our customers.
We have an immediate opportunity for a QC Inspector to join our team.
As a Quality Control Inspector, it will be your responsibility to inspect a variety of fresh vegetables at our location and at our suppliers to assess their current quality according to USDA guidelines.
You will also:
- Perform inspections of produce from our farms, suppliers and in inventory to ensure the quality meets the proper size, weight and freshness standards before shipment or purchase.
- Confirm inventory allocations made between production, shipping and customers are accurate and assist in allocating the product to the proper sales orders.
- Ability to monitor and document any produce rejections and quickly make decisions on whether the product will need to be repacked to meet standards.
- Possess strong communication skills with ability to effectively follow-up, handle multiple priorities and act as a liaison between multiple departments.
- Run daily aged inventory reports for product on hand and communicate with the sales team what needs to move.
- High school diploma or produce experience in Cold Storages or higher technical education in the field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Reliable transportation
- Required to travel to different shed locations when growing seasons change (i.e. Florida Georgia)
- Well organized and extremely attentive to details
- Basic computer skills (ability to use Famous and Lotpath)
- Variable working hours during the week and flexible days during the weekends if needed
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes competitive pay, 401(k), medical, dental and vision insurance.