Does your employer treat you and their customers/vendors like family?
Join Heartland Produce Company, where we are passionate about delivering consistently fresh produce from our family to yours! Every day, with excellence, we selflessly serve our customers, vendors, co-workers and community! We have fun while keeping it real – Real, Fresh, Produce!
Check us out at heartlandproduce.com!
Inside Sales/Buyer – Build and maintain relationships with customers and vendors to grow the businesses of our company and our customers. Working out of our Kenosha, WI facility.
Hours: Variable - 6am to 5pm Monday thru Friday; every other weekend
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with customers and vendors daily
- Work closely with Quality Control Department to manage the quality of product
- Work with customers and vendors to locate opportunities for incremental sales
- Appropriately vet new vendors and customers
- Entertain customers and vendors as appropriate
- Grow sales with new and existing accounts
- Job includes roles of inside sales, procurement and account management
- Go above and beyond for our customers to exceed expectations of quality, value, and service
- Report on sales, profitability and other appropriate KPI’s to management
- High School diploma or equivalent required – Associates/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be proficient in English (verbal and written)
- Previous customer service, sales or marketing experience is required
- Produce buying, sales and/or retail experience is required
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with specific ERP systems such as Produce Pro is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
Benefits and Compensation
- Salary based on experience
- 100% paid insurance, (Medical, Basic Life and Dental) for employees, eligible after 31 days
- 80% paid insurance (Medical and Dental) for dependents, eligible after 31 days
- Vision and Voluntary life insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability coverage
- Critical Illness and Accident coverage
- Flex Spending Account
- Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) – Employer Match up to 5%
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- End of the year bonus
Advancement opportunities are available to those willing to better themselves and the company by going above and beyond for our customers.
Be a part of Midwest’s Finest Produce. We are excited to grow with you!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.