We are seeking a Sales Account and Commodity Manager in Salinas, CA.
This role is for a passionate and highly organized team player that aspires to be a sales and commodity management leader. Leveraging knowledge and integrity to build relationships internally and externally, the successful candidate will employ solid negotiation and influencing abilities.
- Sell and service assigned accounts and regions, generating orders and participating in active phone traffic with accuracy, attention to detail and high-spirited demeanor
- Manage assigned commodities with effective communication with all stakeholders, ensuring proper execution, stock levels and customer service
- Ability to drive results in short and long-term goals utilizing best in class sales and product management performance, metrics and continuous improvement to maximize profitability
- Responsible for sales volumes and compliance to program and pricing models, from both sales and commodity management perspectives.
- Gain incremental sales volumes and revenue with existing customers and by identifying and engaging account prospects
- Track and analyze trends for tactical transformation, account and product reviews, and forecasting existing and new products
- Attend trade shows, customer meetings and other company and industry events
- Work with customers and internal teams to resolve any complaints, claims, and accounts receivable issues, adhering to internal and external processes, including PACA
- Manage assigned projects and coordinate within existing strategies
- 5+ years’ experience in a Sales and Commodity management position in an agricultural or produce industry
- Ability to develop and execute Sales and Product Management strategies and inspire team members toward goal fulfillment
- Effective knowledge and use of pertinent PACA, USDA and CFIA protocols
- Self-driven; able to balance working well independently and taking direction, with keen use of teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent work ethic, decision making skills and ability to think critically
- Ability to manage and prioritize time sensitive activities and projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, verbal and written, for all levels of contact
- Functional skill in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Proficiency in Excel is a plus.
- Experience working with ERP and EDI platforms (Famous Software, iTrade, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or marketing or have equivalent work experience in the agriculture/produce industry
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.