JM Traver Packing and JM Traver Farms (sister companies of HMC Farms and Jensen Packing) are part of a large vertically integrated family-owned grower, packer, and shipper of California stone fruits and table grapes with deep roots in the Central Valley.
JM Traver Packing and Farms is currently hiring for the position of Office/Accounting Manager at our stone fruit packing house and farm. This is a full time, year-round, salaried position. Normal working hours are Monday – Friday. Our office is located just south of Kingsburg near the community of Traver.
The ideal candidate will have, among other things, good verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to work with others in a team setting. This position reports directly to the owner.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Supervisory duties including hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting/administrative staff
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements
- Overseeing and further developing payroll, accounts payable, cost accounting, and billing procedures
- Working with Packing House and Farm Management and Supervisors
- Day to day HR tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Office Management Experience
- Microsoft Office
- Administrative Experience
- Experience with Famous Software
- Experience with Cost Accounting/Crop Cost Accounting
- Agriculture Experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Subsidized Health insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Free Access to company sponsored Health Care Clinic
- Paid time off
- Full Time Salary Exempt
- Starting at $65,000.00 per year. May be higher with more qualification/experience.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.