Interfresh, a national marketer and distributor of fresh fruits and vegetables, is seeking a Shipping and Dispatch Team Leader.
You will be responsible for accurate and timely shipments from our Los Angeles Distribution Center, leading a team of dedicated professionals employing best-in-class technology and infrastructure.
Must be proficient in English and Spanish and possess good leadership and team building skills.
Generous salary and excellent benefits are available.
Now in our 37th year, Interfresh is a dynamic and growing company, and we are committed to providing all necessary tools and training to build a best-in-class team. We hope you will be a part of it!
The Shipping/Dispatch manager is responsible for all outbound shipments of fresh produce from the Interfresh warehouse, including customer pickups and outbound deliveries on Interfresh trucks or contracted trucks.
Additional key duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Prioritize order set ups, prioritize loading trucks, executing, expediting, and monitoring proper routing, and ensuring proper document flows.
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Bilingual (English, Spanish) is a must. Must be available to work a flexible schedule with possible long hours.
- Provide leadership and team building to existing shipping and dispatch teams, and coordinate with other departments and functions within the warehouse.
- Overall responsibility for accurate and timely order shipments.
- Building and training the dispatch team.
- Responsible for carrier selection and notification of daily shipping workloads.
- Customer service-centered - Answer incoming calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Coordinate with Interfresh sales and purchasing teams to help manage customer expectations.
- Prioritize all outbound deliveries/shipments.
- Supervise and analyze routes and waiting times at delivery locations.
- Handle all shipping needs, checking in all drivers, handling paperwork.
- Accurate and timely inventory restocks on rejected or returned products.
- General shipping office duties (scanning, faxing, printing labels, processing necessary paperwork)
- Monitor the loading process at the Vernon facility to ensure the correct and timely shipment of our products.
- Immediate and effective communications within the facility (operations and sales) regarding all product discrepancies, shortages, and truck/transportation issues.
- Troubleshoot any problem on loads such as incorrect delivery numbers, phone numbers and product quantities.
- Set the proper temps for trucks regarding the different produce commodities.
- Keep accurate track of product flow.
- Proper use of tools (forklift, computer, phones).
- English and Spanish - Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of leadership and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Los Angeles Produce dispatching experience a PLUS.
- Positive team attitude and customer service oriented.
- Ability to be available via phone to answer questions and problem solve.
- Must exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision making to analyze problems and to implement appropriate solutions.
- Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, web-enabled applications, and database software. Knowledge of Famous Software a PLUS.
- Must be a self-starter, with ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Must be able to lift between 45 lbs. to 55 lbs.
- Effectively interact with individuals at all levels within and outside the company.
Generous salaries and excellent benefits are available!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.