Kitchen Pride Mushroom Farms (KPMF) is a leading supplier of fresh mushrooms. The Company operates from a state-of-the-art facility in Gonzales, Texas. KPMF specializes in high quality, white, brown, sliced, and other specialty mushrooms and has assembled a world-class team with decades of growing and operations experience. The Company produces 13m mushrooms annually and employs over 200 fulltime team members.
The incumbent to the position will lead sales, marketing, and logistics activities at KPMF. The role will report to Sales Director and will work closely with the COO, Sales Coordinator, and others.
Competitive base salary and potential for an annual bonus, Health insurance, Retirement benefits & Paid vacation.
- Proactively work to nurture and develop relationships with existing KPMF customers; provide prompt solutions and service to customers working collaboratively with the broader Kitchen Pride team
- Develop and originate new customer relationships as Kitchen Pride enters a rapid phase of growth
- Support day-to-day logistics and operations for the sales and delivery of fresh mushrooms
- Work closely with the senior management team on the sales strategy, competitor intelligence and benchmarking, evaluation of new products and development opportunities, and other ad hoc analysis
- Periodically monitor Kitchen Pride and competitors’ product at store-level and communicate findings to Kitchen Pride team. Provide information and training to store produce personnel as needed
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of a new CRM system at KPMF
- Represent Kitchen Pride at various industry trade shows, food shows, etc
- Spend time with the compost, growing, harvesting, packing, and other teams to learn KPMF’s business
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 5 years+ of sales experience and a track record of originating new sales relationships. Preference for an individual with sales experience (i) in fresh produce/food and (ii) to major supermarkets
- Highly motivated and passionate about sales and business development
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Able to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- A quick learner who is inquisitive by nature
- Able to thrive in an agile and results oriented corporate environment
- High physical and intellectual energy and sense of urgency
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity
- Flexible, straightforward and prepared to work the hours needed to succeed in the role