The Scaroni family has been deeply involved in fresh fruit and vegetable production from the very beginning, with a hands-on approach and a lifetime of experience as operators in the industry.
Our newly launched Twin Falls Idaho Farming Division Latitude 42 Farms, LLC has led us to Idaho, where we continue to grow and thrive. Our enduring success is a testament to our unwavering resilience and adaptability, qualities that have empowered us to overcome challenges and seize opportunities along the way. Our workforce of 6000 dedicated team members stand as a testament to the strength of our community and our commitment to creating meaningful employment opportunities.
We are currently seeking a Grower Production Manager to evaluate, plan, organize, and manage the production program. The manager will provide leadership and coordination of general farming administration, accounting, budgeting, and planning of our continued development and growth.
As the leader in this position, you will have the gratifying opportunity to lead a highly skilled and seasoned team of year-round foremen and farm workers. Their dedication shines through in the remarkable work they do, serving in both our Baja Mexico Operations during the winter and our Idaho operations during the summer.
- Oversees the production process and coordinates all activities to ensure enough resources on hand.
- Budget and manage the program to ensure efficient/profitable operations and ongoing fiscal responsibilities as well as assist with strategic and operational planning.
- Manage, direct, and organize daily, and weekly production plans; look to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Direct all growing operation activities necessary to operate and support the program at maximum efficiencies which includes, planting, irrigation, application/pest management, harvest, and post-harvest.
- Oversee personnel, to ensure compliance with company policies and safety procedures.
- Track labor and product yields daily.
- Verify the accuracy and quality of the product to include planning workers' schedules, estimate costs, and prepare budgets to ensure workflow meets required deadlines.
- Sowing seed, dividing, transplanting, fertilizing, irrigating, organizing growing areas, building new growing areas, and working with the propagation and production team.
- Manage inventory and update due to loss, moving, or division, and perform plant and label inventory in season.
- Ensures practices and protocols contribute towards consistent and premium quality of the crop and contributes towards profitability and growth of the company.
- Drives a Food Safety, Safety & Quality culture within the business.
- Direct and coordinate overall operations of the department which include farm development, irrigation, application/pest management, pruning, training, and harvesting.
- Recruit, train, develop, and manage farming personnel.
- Manage all labor for farming and harvesting operations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related field and/or 10 years of experience of industry-related and/or certification.
- A strong background in agriculture, horticulture, or related fields is essential.
- Previous experience in management farming operations, preferably in a similar climate and crop environment 5 to 10 years’ experience.
The position requires the ability to travel to all company areas of operations.
This position will have a direct reporting line to the Executive Ownership team, which includes Steve (founder) and sons Matt and David Scaroni.