Little Leaf Farms is the country's #1 brand of packaged lettuce sustainably grown through controlled environment agriculture. We grow fresh, delicious, and clean leafy greens in two of the most technologically advanced greenhouses in the world. We are a great fit for people who are passionate about sustainable food and product marketing, and those who want to be part of a company experiencing exciting growth.
We are currently seeking a Manager of National Foodservices Sales managing the New York City to Philadelphia region. The role will be remote with 30-50% travel.
The purpose of this position is to grow and manage the nationwide foodservice sales efforts for Little Leaf Farms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business management & planning functions including independent restaurant, fast casual and QSR format prospecting, to profitably expand the company’s food service segment.
- Business review development and presentation with key accounts to build appropriate plans to achieve annual goals.
- Develop and coordinate foodservice sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Direct and oversee the company foodservice marketing to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of foodservice sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Communicate with buyers/customers daily as necessary to ensure forecasting and order fulfillment.
- Build strong relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Keeping a strong pulse on industry trends and happenings to take advantage of changing market.
- Aids in forecasting and budgeting for the foodservice channel.
- Coordinate sales with production department to ensure demand is met.
- Prepares reports and presentations for customer as needed.
- Inputs order and sends invoices as needed.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Willing to travel 30-50% of time to represent the company at trade shows and visit new and prospective customers.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reside in or around the New York City to Philadelphia region.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, sales, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- 5+ years of sales (foodservice preferred) or culinary/restaurant management experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft® Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word).
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.