At Muranaka Farm, our philosophy has always been to be the best at growing our specialty products. Our business is founded on keeping the consumer's best interests in mind. We understand that there is no substitute for fresh, premium grade produce. And when it comes to food safety, we take extra steps, such as weekly monitoring, to ensure our product is free of any bacterial or pesticide concerns.
We are looking for a Production Coordinator responsible for managing the weekly planning of harvest for all growing programs.
Exceptional communication skills a-must with strong bilingual (Spanish-English) ability. Strong emphasis on accuracy and timeliness of communication back and forth from our Grower Teams.
- Focus on balanced, steady production flow of optimum quality vegetable produce with advanced notice on any potential issues that could impact this goal.
- Work with Moorpark Growing Team on daily/weekly/monthly timeframe to provide optimal quality harvest for Sales.
- Manage 3- week rolling harvest forecast with Production and establish daily harvest presentations balancing between growing demands and sales demands.
- Monitor the aging of all products in all cooler locations.
- Responsible for accurate real-time information to Sales Team to “place/assign” specific products to customer orders based upon quality and shelf life.
- Critical training role for Shipping/Warehouse Team to learn quality tolerances of all customers and provide Sales support in recommending placement/assignment to specific customer orders.
- Hands-on role with Shipping/Warehouse Team to visually inspect and grade quality at 4-day mark to maintain zero dumps/zero credits policy.
- Maintain steady production with Outside Growers dictation harvest requirements, verifying agreement costs per packout, and proactively communicating any potential lapses in supply flow or quality.
- Travel as required to Grower sites to establish strong Grower/Coordinator relationships.
- Track logistics daily for all Mexico truck crossings including the routing to the appropriate cooler locations.
- Communicate directly with Mexico Grower production daily to confirm product quality/coordinate/plan harvest presentations daily/weekly.
- Provide accurate quality/availability updates to Sales Team real-time.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.