Nino’s Fresh Cut Fruit & Veg. has delivered fresh, safe, and high-quality produce to the South Texas region for over 25 years. Each day we come into work, we continually strive to provide the freshest produce possible. Our company is built upon strong family values, and is deeply rooted in providing excellent customer service, honesty, and a level of standards that surpasses any customer expectations.
We have an immediate opening for a General Manager in San Antonio, TX.
A successful candidate will have experience in hiring and direct all management staff. Oversee that executive and management staff follow all operational procedures, compliance and strive to meet the overall objectives and vision of the organization. Measure and ensure all key performance indicators (KPI’s) and operational performances are met. Coaching and mentoring all senior staff.
- Oversee the establishment and enforcement of all operational procedures and compliance.
- Direct and oversee the daily activities of all executive staff, management staff and operational leads, Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Accounting, Sales, Production, Warehouse, Transportation, Administration and Human Resource.
- Develop and monitor the progress of operational performance standards to assure viable operations, a positive cash flow, budget adherence and high levels of quality care and customer satisfaction.
- Identify and assist in the implementation of operational systems needed to maximize efficient and effective management.
- Actively participate in setting the strategic direction of management services within operations to ensure effective execution of production and overall operational objectives.
- Ensure operational expectations are met in each department. Devise correction action plans and implement when necessary.
- Manage the development and performance of direct reports to retain a professional motivated and operations leadership team.
- Review financial objectives with owner to ensure financial goals are met. Devise corrective action plans when necessary. Make financial recommendations and work closely with the owner to develop and design a financial strategy to ensure future growth of the organization.
- Reviews operational activities of production, warehouse and shipping/receiving to ensure operational expectations are being met while utilizing the most effective and efficient procedures. This may require a regular periodic “Hands-On” approach.
- Participate in the planning and prioritization of the organization and coordinate initiatives with Sr Management and IT development to ensure successful project implementation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and set the example as a proactive manager who earns respect by demonstrating a sound understanding of the business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring the following daily operational requirements, including but not limited to, are performed under the direction of the production management managers, supervisors and team leads:
- Pre-production meetings and attendance daily with crew; meeting include time and attendance, food safety, PPE’s, production, and product review.
- Pre-inspections of all equipment and process areas. Ensures the quality of production tool, knives, and peelers.
- Ensure production and quality of products to meet customer specifications as directed by Sr. Crew Lead and/or Production Supervisor.
- Inspects production processes and methods to insure proper handling of products and equipment.
- Sr. Production management arranges for the maintenance of equipment when needed; coordinates with Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Sanitation, Sr. Crew Leader staff and communicates equipment needs to COO for financial needs
- Foster a climate of continuous improvement in safety, production, equipment, maintenance, and production efficiency. Foster a strong work ethic in an environment built on teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Trains crew to identify errors in production processing, quality product vs under quality product and equipment mis-functions.
- Maintain worksite safety, assuring proper procedures for the production, treatment chemicals and food safety.
- Attend and complete all training activities as assigned by management.
- Oversee administrative and transportation departments are following procedures and compliance and KPI’s are being met as assigned.
- Generally, oversee the day-to-day operations of all core business units.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned or requested by the owner.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish and English.
- Ability to lead a team to success.
- Ability to identify and correct adverse actions.
- Ability to communicate simple and complex assignments.
- Ability to hire, coach, develop and retain a strong leadership team.
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as customers, and work with all levels within the organization.
- 3 – 5 years previous senior leadership experience within the produce distribution and processing industry.
- BA/BS required; an MBA preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.