Peri & Sons Farms is seeking a Food Safety Specialist.
Peri & Sons is a family owned, agricultural company with a collective goal of creating happiness and personal fulfillment by making sure that our employees and their families feel a sense of caring and connection to the entire operation.
Position Title: Food Safety Specialist
Location: Yerington, NV
As a Food Safety Specialist, you will be responsible for professional interaction and collaboration with the food safety and farm production teams, management, co-workers and vendors. This position assists in maintaining and coordination for compliance programs, which include regular communication with several staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains database of third-party audits. Reviews audit reports for potential compliance issues.
- Assists with customer requests, complaints and other inquiries and maintains customer data
- Assists in mock recalls with packinghouses and customers
- Assists in sampling program in all work sites
- Required to travel to Nevada and California locations
- Performs other food safety/safety duties as assigned, ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of work
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, food technology or similar is preferred, but not required
- Experience in food safety and produce is highly desirable
- Experience with HACCP programs, preventive controls and produce safety rules is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge in the preparation and control of Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to travel to domestic locations
- Willingness to learn new areas of expertise required to perform duties
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing form.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is highly desirable
We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas and commitment to excellence. At Peri & Sons Farms, you are more than just a number. We are a family-owned company that takes pride in our employee/employer relationships. We consider our employees are most valuable asset. Behind our history of innovation and advancements in agriculture, we are a company devoted to continued education and developing people to add value.
This position is full-time salary position. We offer medical, dental, vision, life and prescription drug coverage to eligible employees after completion of a 3-month introductory period. Company 401(k) is offered after completing eligibility requirements. As a condition of employment each employee must comply with the company’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
We are a family-owned company that takes pride in our employee/employer relationships. We consider our employees are most valuable asset and foster growth and employee development as part of our company culture.
Peri & Sons Farms provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Peri & Sons Farms complies with applicable state and local laws.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org online at http://periandsons.com/careers.php or apply in person at 102 McCleod Street, Yerington, NV 89447.