PlantTape is an automated transplanting system aimed at reducing costs and labor for vegetable growers. The PlantTape process is built around a biodegradable tape that holds seeds and seedlings. The tape facilitates ease of sowing, efficient nursery operations and automated transplanting. With one of the most progressive and innovative automated transplanters on the market, PlantTape now has over 100 machines operating globally.
We are seeking an employee to identify new business opportunities and targets for PlantTape in the Western Sales Territory. This employee will create strategic business models with the goal of bringing in new customers to PlantTape while working as the contact and coordinator for potential business opportunities.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Analyze market trends and conduct research to inform business decisions
- Develop marketing and business strategies for the Western Territory
- Identify target markets and associated potential clients
- Be the face and contact for new business in the Western Territory
- Coordinate and attend meetings with new business opportunities and the Sales Director
- Acquire new leads and drive them through the workflow process
- Provide machine and product quotes for potential new customers
- Analyze and create marketing strategies for new targets
- Acquire new business accounts through strategic targeting of potential customers
- Create and implement business development plans for volume and revenue growth
- Create a business opportunity analysis when considering a new customer or project
- Coordinate and execute trials with potential customers while working closely with the PlantTape equipment department
- Create and manage a trial schedule
- Maintain company directory of contacts, leads and targets
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and have great attention to detail
- Self-motivated, goal driven with a can-do attitude
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports PlantTape efforts
- Travel and afterhours work required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to travel internationally (passport required)
- Employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand
This employee works in indoor as well as outdoor environment subject to moving mechanical parts
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.