Primo Produce, Allentown PA began distributing top-notch, fresh produce in 1991.
We have recently started a fresh-cut produce manufacturing operation and have an immediate opening for a Production Manager in that area.
The Production Manager will be responsible for all packing activities, the efficiency of full time staff and temporary workers and the quality of finished goods. He/She will design and implement processes for all packing tasks and will suggest material, equipment and machinery to be used by all crews. Additionally, the Director is responsible to facilitate product development through packaging material selection and to ensure appropriate supplies of all packing material, maintenance of all tools, and machines and equipment.
- Direct the overall activities of the manufacturing facilities of the cut shop operation to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced in an efficient and productive manner so as to meet the customers' requirements while maintaining established quality standards.
- Responsible for expense control, including shrink, labor and overhead costs.
- Provide reliable and accurate manufacturing information.
- Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP's) are developed, implemented and maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices (GMP's).
- Responsible for the Food Security Policy/Program to assess potential food security risks and to ensure food security preventive measures are being implemented and routinely audited regarding the manufacturing, handling and storage of all food ingredients as well as finished goods.
- Act as a liaison with Distribution and Customer Service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction in helping to address customer inquiries, problems and concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels, employee performance evaluations, discipline, and employee commendation.
- Associate’s degree preferred, and 2 or more years of experience in a produce manufacturing industry.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of cut operation equipment.
- Operational management knowledge.
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bilingual – English required/ Spanish is beneficial.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.