PRO*ACT is America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the fresh food industry, utilizing its network of over 50 distribution companies operating over 70 third-party inspected, independently owned distribution centers across the United States and Canada. PRO*ACT sources perishable product from premier local, national and regional suppliers and markets a one-call solution to fresh food operators who benefit from PRO*ACT’s category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services, and integrated produce program distribution management.
Are you someone who enjoys the fast paced, ever-changing produce industry? PRO*ACT is looking for a produce professional to join our team in Monterey as an Account Manager. As a PRO*ACT Account Manager in our Procurement division. In this role you will work on behalf of our distributors while collaborating with our sourcing team and suppliers. Applying candidates must be a willing participant of a cohesive team, embrace multitasking and have superior communication skills with the utmost attention to detail.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ Years produce experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and Word required.
- Familiarity with Smartsheets preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiredAbility to effectively communicate in stressful situations required.
- Ability to problem solve with minimal oversight required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Strong negotiating skills with a high focus on customer service required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required.
We offer excellent pay with generous benefits, an exceptional team oriented culture, Career Development Program, and a wellness program complete with FREE onsite gym and Yoga.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.