PRO*ACT is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Procurement Team as a Freight Manager in Monterey, CA.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits
- Career Development Programs
- Wellness Program including on-site yoga
- Casual Attire and all-around FUN place to work!
The Freight Manager will be responsible for identifying areas for continuous improvement to streamline processes and reduce costs across the supply chain. Strong experience in time sensitive supply chain and logistics functions in a rapidly growing organization is required.
The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, organized, and well-versed in aspects of international produce logistics including documentation, customs compliance, distribution and transportation. Working experience in the area of freight forwarding or a similar function is strongly desired.
- Arrange Transportation for the PRO*ACT network and customers.
- Track trucks ensuring timely arrival and communicating issues and delays as well as solving transportation problems.
- Develop a strategy for making sure freight is delivered on time to PRO*ACT’s customers at the lowest possible cost.
- Ensure that freight capacity is available in line with PRO*ACT’s projected forecasts and growth objectives.
- Negotiate transportation contracts and the financial analysis associated with driving an agreement that supports PRO*ACT’s objectives.
- Review of all business documents being released to the suppliers: RFPs, RFIs, Statement of Work (SOW), Master Agreements (MSAs), and formal communications.
- Manage of carrier contracts through regular status reviews with the business and carriers ensuring that services are being performed according to the SOW and pricing.
- Ensure active measurement of the carrier’s performance to the SOW is occurring and identification of root cause and corrective measures are established as the need arises.
- Maintain effective and proactive relationships with regional business teams to ensure support of existing and new operational requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience in produce and/or logistics/supply chain required.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry required.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, written and verbal required.
- Computer proficiency in business related software required; Office 365 preferred.
- Ability to model Pro*Act’s Competencies required.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Wellness Plan
- Paid Time Off
PRO*ACT is America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the fresh food industry, utilizing its network of over 50 distribution companies operating over 70 third-party inspected, independently owned distribution centers across the United States and Canada. PRO*ACT sources perishable product from premier local, national and regional suppliers and markets a one-call solution to fresh food operators who benefit from PRO*ACT’s category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services, and integrated produce program distribution management.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.