PRO*ACT is America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the fresh food industry, utilizing its network of over 50 distribution companies operating over 70 third-party inspected, independently owned distribution centers across the United States and Canada. PRO*ACT sources perishable product from premier local, national and regional suppliers and markets a one-call solution to fresh food operators who benefit from PRO*ACT’s category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services, and integrated produce program distribution management.
Are you someone who enjoys the fast paced, ever-changing produce industry? PRO*ACT is looking for a produce professional to join our team in Monterey as an Account Manager. As a PRO*ACT Account Manager in our Procurement division. In this role you will work on behalf of our distributors while collaborating with our sourcing team and suppliers. Applying candidates must be a willing participant of a cohesive team, embrace multitasking and have superior communication skills with the utmost attention to detail.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ Years produce experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and Word required.
- Familiarity with Smartsheets preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiredAbility to effectively communicate in stressful situations required.
- Ability to problem solve with minimal oversight required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Strong negotiating skills with a high focus on customer service required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required.
We offer excellent pay with generous benefits, an exceptional team oriented culture, Career Development Program, and a wellness program complete with FREE onsite gym and Yoga.