ProPacific Fresh exists to serve our customers. We are committed to providing our customers with best-in-class products, individualized customer service and solutions-driven performance. We are innovative, responsive and driven by excellence in everything we do.
As the preeminent fresh food distributor in our marketplace, we will continually strive to provide our customers with exceptional products, service and value. We are driven by a passion to be the best at everything we do; our name will be synonymous with quality and service. Our company is comprised of empowered, responsible and efficient employees dedicated to the success of our customers, our company and each other.
We are looking for a Junior Buyer for our Durham, CA location.
- Provide comprehensive clerical support for all Departmental functions
- Ongoing Vendor and Product master-file maintenance
- Learn buyer duties and serve as back-up as needed
- Learn and actively manage assigned categories
- Complete assigned tasks as directed in a timely and professional manner
- PO Maintenance as directed i.e. costing, pricing, and confirmation
- PPF Production - Costing and Inventory Management
- Effectively report, analyze and communicate product voids as well as daily inventory aging to Procurement Team
- Manage specific vendor relationships and product categories as assigned
- Perform product master file maintenance in conjunction with the Marketing and Sales teams
- Special Order processing
- Vacation coverage
- Consistently adhere to all established company protocols and procedures.
- Contribute to general sales office functions on an as needed basis.
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge and competency of ERP, WMS, and Outlook,
- Will contribute to the overall success and continued evolution of ProPacific Fresh by creatively adding value to the organization whether indicated within these job duties or not.
- Will partake in tasks assigned that are outside the scope of this job description, but within the capabilities of the employee.
- Must have some experience in procurement or purchasing; preferably in perishable goods.
- Maintains a high level of competency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Able to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines, often adjusting in accordance to evolving priorities.
- Accomplish an appropriate volume of work under normal conditions.
- Able to quickly define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Functions effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Self-motivated with a passion for success and growth
Our ideal Junior Buyer…..
- is a fierce competitor.
- cultivates long term customer relationships.
- has superior interpersonal skills and the ability to drive sales growth.
- has excellent organization, prioritization, time management and communication skills.
- maintains high levels of communication with all other departments.
- is a problem solver and offers solutions.
- contributes positively to company morale and is a consummate team player.
- willingly exerts extra effort when necessary to get the job done.
- is driven by excellence.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.