Since 1905, Ratto Bros. has been owned and operated in the family tradition started by Antone L. Ratto. The son of Italian Immigrants, Antone grew his own vegetables on Bay Farm Island near Oakland and personally delivered his vegetables to his customers in a horse-drawn cart. Over One hundred years and several generations later, the Ratto family still grows their own vegetables and cultivates personal relationships with each of their customers. Come find out how a family business has grown to meet and exceed the demands of our corporate customers while retaining the traditional values of hard work, high quality products and lasting relationships.
We now have an immediate opening for a Grower Accountant to join our team in Modesto CA.
Under the direction of the Controller, the successful candidate will assist in the preparation and delivery of timely and accurate reporting of financial information including payables, receivables, cost accounting, GL account reconciliation, as well as month-end close activities.
This position is a full time, year-round employment. We offer competitive wages and benefits along with the opportunity for personal growth within a learning environment. Hourly rate is based on experience.
- Responsible for some accounting activities related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, general ledger and financial reporting, ensuring that records are maintained properly by verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions while resolving any discrepancies.
- Assist in month-end closing activities.
- Contribute to developing processes to streamline timely reporting of accounting information.
- Ongoing review of inventory balances.
- Support budgeting process including review of budgets as submitted, preparation of supporting schedules to assist the team with budget preparation.
- Maintain all files necessary for financial reporting and ensure all accounting reconciliations, and reports are completed as required.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- BA in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting role.
- Knowledge and experience with agriculture and grower accounting is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- FAMOUS software system experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and 10-key experience.
- Strong ability to analyze and think strategically.
- Must have thorough knowledge of financial reporting.
- Understanding of GAAP.
- Must be detailed-oriented and deadline sensitive.