Are you an experienced Ag Mechanic who likes to use your skills to play as well as work? We have a truly unique opportunity which may be what you’re looking for.
We’re RC Farms LLC. a well-respected, family owned, premium grower with over 50 years of growing high quality fresh vegetables throughout the Monterey, San Benito and Fresno Counties.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Shop Mechanic to join our team in Gonzales, CA.
The Shop Mechanic will be capable of working independently or with other trained mechanics, traveling to repair equipment in the field when necessary or performing maintenance at one of the maintenance shops located throughout Monterey County. Ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of Ag machines, engines, and mechanical systems on a timely and cost-effective basis. The employee will have the mechanical aptitude and experience with various types of agricultural equipment such as overhaul trucks, buses, tractors, shredders, on road and off-road vehicles, transplant equipment, implements and other heavy-duty equipment used in various operations.
What makes this such a unique opportunity is we also operate an Off-Road Race team which would take advantage of your skills on our team vehicles, including travel to race sites.
The person we’re looking for has:
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience repairing and maintaining heavy equipment.
- Ag Mechanic experience preferred.
- Work experience in welding and fabrication
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair diesel/gas engines, drivetrains, hydraulics, and electrical issues with heavy equipment.
- Ability to read and understand parts diagrams, schematics, service, and repair manuals.
- Good communication skills – ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not necessary.
- Able to work full time, weekends, nights and holidays. Will require short term assignments to Yuma during the Winter program.
- Ability to work independently using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Valid State issued Driver’s License
- Certified Welder a plus
- Automotive or Diesel technician certificate preferred.
If you have the skills to be part of our work and race teams, we’re interested in talking with you.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.