If you have a passion for sales and business development and are looking for an exciting remote opportunity to drive growth in the foodservice, convenience, export, and military channels, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Collaborative Culture with Learning Opportunities working with team members across the United States feeding America!!
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development - Emerging Channels, the Business Development Manager – Emerging Channels, is accountable for identifying, developing and executing sales strategies to drive growth for RPE business nationally with new and current customers in the foodservice, convenience, export, and military channels. The Business Development team works collaboratively with RPE Account Management, Business Intelligence, Marketing, Operations and Finance to identify and develop incremental distribution opportunities to enhance RPE’s value proposition in the industry.
The Business Development Manager establishes, cultivates and maintains a robust contact network mitigating risk and leveraging data analytics to influence, persuade and close new profitable sales. The Business Development Manager effortlessly blends traditional, in-person, relationship-based selling techniques with selling opportunities afforded by virtual meet-up technology (e.g., Cisco WebEx, Zoom, Teams).
Key Business Outcomes
- Successfully grow the RPE, LLC portfolio of products with new and current customers nationally to deliver annual budgeted Revenue and Margin targets.
- Develop strategic relationships with customers, growers, distributors and suppliers nationally to support the annual RPE, LLC growth objectives.
Key Performance Metrics
- Achieves annual SMART Goals and Budget metrics agreed upon and assigned during the annual review period.
- Communicates new distribution and business opportunities nationally for new emerging channels, i.e. military, C-store, export, foodservice, corporate or cruise lines with new accounts.
- Standardizes Customer Bid/Contracting procedures to maximize business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5 years of experience in business development, sales, or marketing in the foodservice, convenience, export, or military channels
- Travel is required up to 60% of the time
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute sales strategies that drive revenue growth
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze market trends and customer needs
Competencies and Success Factors: Collaboration/
Competitive Benefits with health, dental and vision insurance, short and long-term disability, matching 401k, and PTO.