Est. in 1966, The Ruby Company is a national produce, distribution, and supply company that builds partnerships between growers and commercial purchasers to deliver the best product consistently and with integrity.
We believe in an ethical and transparent business model in which we have skin in the game, investing not only in our team and capabilities, but in the relationships, we build with our customers and growers. Since opening our doors, we have built a strong reputation through performance and relationships.
We are searching for motivated, hard-working, and driven individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team. Don’t just take any job, build your professional career right here at The Ruby Company.
As a Customer Operations Coordinator, you will act as the liaison between the carrier department and our customer base. This position is responsible for tracking and tracing shipments, obtaining and communicating updates to customers, scheduling deliveries, and managing/ maintaining relationships with existing and new carrier partners. This position requires in depth knowledge of transportation market trends, analytical thinking, and relationship management expertise. This role will require cross-functional engagement with various internal teams (procurement, logistics). As Customer Operations Coordinator you will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional customer experience every day for every customer. The Ruby Company wants individuals who are highly organized, quick learners, strong leaders and seamless multi-taskers.
About the Team:
The Customer Operations team is a key department within the organization focused on servicing and adding value to our end customers. We believe that servicing our customers is the lifeblood of our brand and what differentiates us from our competition. We are currently looking for candidates who share our vision and passion for success through hard work and delivering results. We value each member of the team and prioritize culture that brings out the best in our team. We have a casual dress code, open door policy as well as an energetic, friendly and supportive work environment.
Ideal Candidate Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant post graduate work experience preferred
- Experience in carrier sales, carrier account management, or procurement experience is preferred
- Professional, prompt, and polished written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills, preferred
- Persistent work ethic and self-motivation
- Ability to thrive is a “start-up” esque environment
- Ability to achieve goals independently and in a team environment
- Ability to be resilient in a high-energy, fast-paced, and competitive setting
What we have to offer:
- Competitive base salary plus an aggressive bonus plan
- Full health benefits and 401k matching
- Energetic, fun, and friendly work environment
- Limitless growth potential
- Casual dress code
- Open door policy – strong engagement and connectivity with company leadership
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.