The position will support the establishment and management of our distribution center for both corner stores and organizations. It will also establish a solid foundation to scale our delivery operations to stores and institutions in an efficient and streamlined manner. Position reports to Saba’s Director.
- Establish and lead distribution operations and logistics, including but not limited to managing a purchasing budget for warehouse equipment, facilities maintenance, transportation fleet, etc.; setting up systems for operations; and staff safety.
- Implement the use of warehouse management tools, i.e ERP system.
- Select and implement the use of the delivery routing system.
- Hire and manage warehouse staff, packers, and drivers.
- Train staff on the specifics of safe food handling and quality assurance.
- Collaborating with the Food Safety Manager on completion of all needed food safety audits related to daily operations.
- Implement streamlined processes for inventory management and delivery to corner stores and organizations.
- Perform any distribution/delivery analysis as needed.
- Coordinate with other team members on sales, procurement, and food safety.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other businesses.
- 5–10-year relevant experience in produce or other related distribution perishable goods service. Knowledge of produce perishability, and inventory management needed
- Experience with food safety preferred but not required (will provide training).
- Excel proficiency required. Comfort with technology required (i.e routing systems, pick reports, ERP system)
- Proactive, organized, independent, motivated, and detailed oriented manager.
- Experience in successful people management.
- Position requires ability to drive and a valid driver’s license. Mileage is reimbursed per federal rate.
- $70,000-$80,000. DOE
- Our benefits package includes healthcare and dental
- Preferred hours of operations TBD.
- Early morning hours required (i.e 5-2pm / 7-4pm)
- Start Date Open until filled (ideal start date Oct. 24, 2022)