Spokane Produce, Inc is an independent family owned and operated company. We have been in business since the 1940’s. We provide the finest quality products to grocery, restaurant, other wholesalers and government agencies with the highest level of customer service in the Northwest.
Spokane Produce, Inc. is seeking a Produce Sales Manager to manage and lead our Sales team. The Produce Sales Manager will lead our sales team by providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded. This position requires travel and service to our key accounts along with growing new business throughout various territories.
- Build and lead the sales team to be self-motivated to drive company revenue.
- Frequent travel to service existing accounts and sales visits to potential customers.
- Contact customers via site visits, phone calls and use of creative marketing strategies.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to Grow our business in all geographical territories as defined by sales goals.
- Achieve sales goals and objectives set forth by Spokane Produce.
- Light collections.
- Effectively handle customer complaints.
- Train and develop sales team.
- Provide reports as required.
- Assist customers with retailing and merchandising.
- Manage Sales Staff as required.
- Promote a positive company image and operate under the highest ethical standards.
- Participate in sales meetings.
- Collaborate with other departments directly to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Coordinate with Trucking for efficient routing to meet customers' needs and the goals and objectives of Spokane Produce for current and new accounts.
- Respond to any delivery changes.
- Conduct market research and analysis to stay up-to-date on industry trends and customer needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5+ years of produce experience both sales and retail preferred.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify sales patterns and trends.
- Advanced time management skills.
- Must be a positive, team oriented, self-motivated individual who is able to work independently.
- In-depth knowledge of the produce industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to solve problems timely and efficiently.
- Solid computer skills – Microsoft Office.
- Proven success with retaining, identifying, developing and growing business.
- Flexible schedule, must be willing and able to travel as required.
- Clean 3 year driving record preferred. Must be able to meet insurability requirements.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands:
- Regional traveling
- Occasional lifting
- Some stooping, kneeling, and/or crouching, and significant fine finger dexterity
We offer a competitive salary starting at $75,000+ and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance available first of the month after 60 days, paid time off after 1 year and 401k with employer match after 6 months; employee discounts on in-house purchases available on your first day.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen, and continue to satisfy our drug testing policy, if offered employment. We are a Federal Contractor and drug free workplace, which includes a prohibition on marijuana use for all employees.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.