At Stout we design, manufacture, and build machines within the Agriculture Industry. Our machines consist of artificial intelligence, machine vision and learning that correlate to robots and intelligent machines.
We have an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our team in Salinas, CA.
As a Manufacturing Supervisor at Stout, your primary responsibility will be the building aspect of mechanical and electrical subassemblies and assemblies that make up our machines.
Prior hands-on experience is required. However, we are willing and able to train mechanically inclined candidates.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the automotive, tractor, machine, aircraft industries or any other relevant or applicable industries. Familiarity and/or experience with building wiring harnesses and/or hydraulics is preferred, but not required.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in testing and ensure that our machinery meets safety and industry regulations
- Collaborate with Engineers and Production Coordinator
- Be well versed on our machinery and their systems as a whole
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions
- Understand complex modular assemblies
- Understand and maximize tool utilization for the job at hand
- Work from build sheets and specs
- Identify opportunities to streamline manufacturing
- Multitask on several different subassemblies on one and/or multiple machines
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Training and/or Experience
- Forklift experience
- Experience with hand and power tools
- Able to use and understand a measuring tape, square, calipers, levels, and other measuring devices
- Electrical assembly and wiring skills (e.g., hand soldering, harness assembly, etc.)
Language and Communication Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have strong written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, and management.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and apply concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions) to practical situations.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Slack).
Other Skills and Attributes
- Promotes a positive Company image and supports the Manufacturing efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, and respectful.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track, and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have strong analytical and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.