Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Livonia Distribution Center, a 400,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking a MATERIAL SUPERVISOR to join our team. The essential function of this position is to supervise and monitor the Materials area. This includes supervision and training of employees, full inventory control responsibility, as well as processing purchase orders as required.
Two Shifts Available: (1)Tuesday - Friday, 9AM - 6:30PM and Saturday 6:30AM - 2:30PM. Some remote work on off days may be required. (2) Monday - Friday 6:00PM - 1:30AM
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree controlled temperature zones
- High School Diploma required; Post- Secondary education preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in a management and/or supervisory role.
- Shipping, receiving, logistics and inventory experience an asset.
- Experience with process design and implementation an asset.
- Be respectful and deal tactfully with customers, other employees and vendors.
- Strong organizational and math skills; proficiency with MS Office: Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience with a WMS or ERP that involved managing inventory
- Must have ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple projects with strong personal time-management skills and effectively manage associated stress.
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- Willingness to work with a high degree of professionalism and personal integrity.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately work with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain all company information confidential and protect proprietary information.
- Able to pass a complete a background and drug test screening
We are pleased to offer the following:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.