Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 69,000 associates, the company operates approximately 323 distribution facilities across the globe and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal year 2019 that ended July 1, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
We are now accepting resumes for a Transportation Manager to join our team in Turlock, CA.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for managing all RDC yard activities and the personnel involved in those activities, maintaining accurate records, and assisting in resolving system or operational issues which may affect inbound or outbound performance. This includes direct supervision of upto nine persons in the Transportation Department.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must pass a functional capacity test.
- Must have demonstrated ability to plan and organize work and time, analyze and disseminate numerical data, follow policies and procedures, perform moderate math calculations, and identify and solve problems.
- Have a High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university in a related discipline is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Basic knowledge of transportation modes and the rules and regulations governing interstate commerce and changes in regulations as they apply is preferred.
- Good knowledge of logistics/transportation operations and available transportation services for the area and industry.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must be articulate and effective with written and verbal communication with individuals of broadly varying backgrounds and educational levels. Must have clear, concise written and oral communication skills.
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must have ability to effectively present information to a large audience and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, contractors, and customers.
- Must have ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, distance and volume.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. It is expected that the incumbent will be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills and effectively interact with several different personalities and levels of people. Must be self-motivated.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.