We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
In collaboration with the Produce Director or Manager, negotiate, procure, and coordinate the effective distribution of Category 11 products and services to customers through Sysco Broadline Operating Companies.
Establish and execute strategy for the produce category to meet or exceed profitable sales targets supported by effectively managing OPCO designated service levels.
Provide training, product information, regulatory guidance, and customer service to internal and external customers in support of the distribution of products and services as needed Drives OpCo required category initiatives and assortment in harmony with corporate requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels in meeting customer demand (Service Level) while maximizing inventory turns and controlling shrink.
- Support Category Management by providing product assortment and sku rationalization recommendations that are aligned with your customer demand.
- Align with and implement a "local" and "sustainable" program where applicable.
- Insure OPCO participation and comprehension of sourcing programs.
- Meet or exceed appropriate contract compliance.
- Exploit effective utilization of PRDC and RDC platforms where appropriate.
- Provide timely and effective communication with Sales force including but not limited to market conditions, product quality and availability, new items and applications.
- Establish with the Produce Director/Manager impactful (S.M.A.R.T.) fiscal CMP Goals aligned with Opco and Corporate targets. Accepts accountability in reaching these goals.
- Responsible for logistics on all inbound products utilizing efficient loading strategy and employing PRDC, consolidation and re- distribution where appropriate. Collaborate with TMS and Optimization teams in capturing all available freight related efficiencies.
- Drive effective adoption of Corp logistics strategies.
- Support produce sales opportunities by collaborating with Business Development and Sales and Marketing management in developing successful sales strategy in growing profitable sales.
- Support through procurement innovative, impactful produce marketing/promotional agendas.
- Support category sales training of Marketing Associates.
- Utilize available contract programs and resources to support sales strategies.
- Ensure quality integrity of all inbound and outbound Category 11 products. Works closely with Quality Assurance lead(s) and in conjunction with Operations and Transportation Management.
- Work with inventory control to manage expiration dating through SWMS reports.
- Manage and direct effective control of product shrink.
- Maximize earned income opportunities through increased cases billed through SMS.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations of experience and education in lieu of degree required.
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of culinary/food service education and experience required.
- Two years of Produce and/or Food Service procurement experience preferred.
- Planning and Organizing: Must establish courses of action for self to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Contributing to Team Success: Associate participates as a member of a Team to help the Team accomplish its goals.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting to new work structures, processes.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and collaborating with others, establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Customer Focus: Educates customers. Shares information with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Must accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing a concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over time.