Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: The Senior Financial Analyst plays a key role in the management of an integral part of our operations by connecting business decisions to the bottom line. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for integrity of data and the creation of financial statements while helping management evaluate financial performance in relation to company objectives. You will take a hands-on approach to finance support and analysis, influence decisions in the operation, and be a key contributor in the budget process.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead the budget process for a key operation within Tanimura and Antle; integrate management strategy, production plans, throughput and capacity, and volumes by area into a comprehensive budget.
- Perform period end closing procedures, including monthly accruals, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Help assure that the operation achieves objectives around effectiveness and efficiency as well as provide reliable financial reporting on a period/annual financial basis. Provide insights on drivers of variances each period.
- Establish and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) related to the operation.
- Provide timely, accurate, and relevant results and analysis across a broad range of internal customers. Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Draw on an excellent understanding of cost accounting, finance as well as practical knowledge of statistics to partner with and support operations management.
- Consolidate and interpret sources of data from multiple parts of business systems and subsystems. This will require power user level of knowledge of Microsoft Excel (ability to use lookup functions, “if” statements, conditional formatting, and pivot tables in addition to standard formulas).
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting and a strong familiarity with Cost Accounting and US GAAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, and management.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Must be proficient in Excel, (e.g. pivot tables, lookups, index, if statements, and data manipulation) databases and queries. JDE Edwards or ERP Systems experience preferred.
- Must be able to work full-time during normal business hours. On occasion, this position will require working on the weekends and outside normal business hours to assist with closing duties, audit process, and special projects as required and approved by supervisors.
- Compensation is commensurate with education, years of experience and past history relative to the preferred qualifications
- Possesses 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the Finance Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to effectively collaborate with management.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.