Manages procurement and sourcing operations of Taylor Farms Retail for all category specific goods and services, ensuring maximum value per expenditure and appropriate supply inventory levels. This role ensures proper contract and supplier management as it relates to all procurement functions and operations across the retail segment.
- Develops a purchasing strategy.
- Reviews and processes purchase orders.
- Manages other members of the purchasing team.
- Maintains records of goods ordered and received.
- Negotiates prices and contracts with suppliers.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors.
- Selects prospective vendors and negotiates contracts.
- Evaluates vendors based on quality, timeliness, and price.
- Schedules deliveries and ensures timely fulfillment of orders.
- Researches and evaluates vendors to compare pricing and services.
- Coordinates with fellow managers to monitor inventory and determine supply needs.
- Ensures quality of procured items and addresses problems when they arise.
- Keeps up with trends in procurement.
- Travels to vendor locations.
- Stays current with purchasing technology trends and oversees purchase and implementation, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a purchasing manager or agent.
- Experience using procurement software and databases.
- Supervisory experience.
Salinas, CA, United States
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.