Waymouth Farms, Inc., maker of Good Sense ® brand healthy snacks and Salad Pizazz® salad toppings, is a 150-person manufacturing company in New Hope, Minnesota. Originally founded in 1976, since 2017 we are a second-generation owned and professionally managed business with a clear vision and strong core values in pursuit of bringing the Company to the next level. We are on a mission to help Americans eat better and it starts with our salad toppings, trail mixes, roasted nuts and seeds, dried fruits, and other value-added products typically sold in produce departments of grocery stores.
Our goal is to double sales within 10 years and we have the products and operational competency and capacity to do so.
To achieve this goal, we are searching for a Vice President of Sales to lead our sales organization, based in Minneapolis, MN.
The VP of Sales, reporting to the President, will walk into an underdeveloped sales organization which had operated under the shadow of the founding owner for decades. Over the past two years, some progress has been made in building a best-in-class sales organization, but there is still much work, to include: creating the optimal organizational structure, getting the right people in the right seat, architecting processes, developing promotional strategies, and the like. The Sales Leader will need to both accomplish the blocking and tackling of building an organization, while also leading and managing his or her team to achieve revenue goals. We are a scrappy and resourceful company and other functions recently have gone through a similar process and the company leadership, much of which is new within the last two years, is here to help and support the position.
- Collaborate with company leadership to develop thoughtful sales strategy, budget and key performance indicators
- Responsible for achieving growth revenue/margin goals
- Recruitment, enablement, management and development of top performing Hunter/Farmer team
- Create long-lasting, productive partnerships with customers, sales/marketing firms and suppliers
- Understand, further develop and manage key sales processes to include: sales execution, forecasting, promotional planning and profitability management
- Help coordinate strategic customer marketing initiatives and promotions to build brand strength
- Leverage key data resources such as Nielsen & IRi to drive results through internal and external sales reporting
- Lead sales executives in delivering annual operating plan targets within assigned geographies and channels
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 6 years of sales management experience with a track record of sales success in food manufacturer selling into national and regional grocery store chains. Produce category sales not required but a plus
- Understanding of retail & store-level promotional strategies
- Demonstrable evidence of building a team, architecting processes, and getting results
- Demonstrable evidence in effectively leading and managing sales executives
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
- 40% Travel