At West Pak Avocados, we focus on strong ethics, core values, high standards & respect to help each other build, thrive and succeed. Our Employees are our most important resource, our SOUL - our PEOPLE - our WEST PAK FAMILY!
West Pak Avocado is looking for Jr. Field Buyer with entrepreneurial spirit who would be responsible for buying produce, securing new growers, retaining growers, carrying out marketing strategies, and accounts payable pricing.
The Avocado Jr. Field Buyer develops and executes buying strategies and is responsible for activities related to avocado buying. This position negotiates price, volume, and pack style for weekly shipments. Monitors market conditions and suppliers to determine fruit availability.
Works closely with Sales to monitor demand, allocates purchases, tracks shipper accuracy, anticipates crop transition and events that impact fruit availability, maintains intimate knowledge of the avocado industry.
The person we’re looking for has:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in agricultural or produce sales a plus.
- Good Agricultural Practices (G.A.P) knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of economics, accounting, sales and/or marketing concepts.
- Effective communication skills.
- Microsoft software skills, Excel, Word, Outlook. PowerPoint preferred but not required.
- Effective time management skills, understanding, setting and meeting deadlines.
- Interact effectively with internal customers and with employees from all levels of the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive Company information and use judgment and tact in applying policies, solving problems, and communicating standards
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Profit Sharing
- Bonus Potential
- Employee Development Training
- Safety Rewards
- Discounts to local theme parks & events
- Farm Bureau Membership Discounts
- Monthly Company Events (birthdays, anniversaries, & raffles)
- Free Avocado Fridays
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.