Are you that one employee a manager and team can rely on? Experience is one thing, but attitude is everything!
We are looking for someone with a strong ability to multi-task with experience in sales, business development, and customer service/relations. Must be tactful, calm under pressure, diligent, and work well in a team setting. Taking ownership of accounts and having a general responsibility for making spontaneous and important decisions is part of the daily requirements. Dependability and reliability, paired with a strong attention to detail will make you the ideal candidate for this role. The role is demanding and high-pressure but equally rewarding and offers an immense opportunity for growth.
- Manage and develop customer/supplier-related functions.
- Work closely with Sr. Manager to develop and grow the business.
- In partnership with the Manager, identify business opportunities that would increase sales revenue.
- Prepare spreadsheets related to shipper/supplier programs, customer programs, and vessel arrivals for Season.
- Prepare various inventories/vessel tracking related to special packages and programs.
- Participate in the development and promotion of marketing current and new items.
- Monitor and maintain all software and programs related to retail customers.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable function of the sales and follow up as needed.
- Perform other general administrative functions to meet the business needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Be responsive to the unpredictable nature and last-minute demands of the produce business.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of inventory software, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- Team effort attitude and willingness to support other departments as needed.
Minimum Education & Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 3-4 years of related experience/training
- William H. Kopke Jr. Inc offers a competitive compensation package and tremendous potential with an ever-growing family business operating for over 80 years.
This role is not your “dry” 9-5 job. Evening & rotating weekends “on call” via telephone and/or email depending on customer demands or team workload. This individual should be highly dependable & responsive to the needs of the business. Being in the perishable produce business, a timely response is crucial.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.