The Wysocki Family of Companies is a vertically integrated, Midwest-based agricultural company specializing in the production, packaging, marketing and sale of potatoes and onions. Wysocki Family of Companies consists of RPE, Paragon Potato Farms and Wysocki Produce Farm, as well as co-owners of Tasteful Selections, LLC and Central Sands Dairy. We are a family owned company that is proud to call Central Wisconsin home, employing 400 people in 8 states.
And now we’re looking for a highly qualified accounting and financial person to join us in the role of Controller in Bancroft, WI.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Finance and Procurement, the Business Unit (BU) Controller works in lockstep with the operations management team to serve as lead architect for data systems and processes and provides the financial tools and reporting to improve productivity and profitability while ensuring alignment with WFC governance.
At Wysocki Family of Companies we are committed to supplying our customers with responsibly produced goods through a holistic approach to farming. We scientifically assess our potatoes from seed to shelf to ensure the most efficient use of natural resources. For example, through soil and plant tissue analysis combined with accurate weather station data, we are able to apply only the necessary amounts of water and nutrients needed to produce a crop.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Serve as a sound business partner with operations management by effectively listening and advising on operational practices to uphold financial data integrity and improve operational performance
- Mine and analyze data and prepare performance dashboards/metrics such as but not limited to: labor, productivity, crop input/output costs, overhead, inventory, distribution cost returns and investment analysis
- Prepare and present timely financial reports and operational metrics to BU management team and guide the team on financial decision making by recommending opportunities for synergies and improvement
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of budget and accounting statements in accordance with GAAP such as balance sheets, forecasting reporting, divisional budgets, banking reporting, monthly journal entries and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Coordinate and prepare for the efficient completion of the annual audit of BU entities
- Set internal controls for data crossing between business units: operations, sales and finance
- Build and maintain a trusted inventory analytics tool in partnership with relevant senior managers
- Investigate data discrepancies and propose process and infrastructure changes as necessary
- Coordinate the formation of cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to maximize profit, safeguard assets and develop aligned processes and procedures
- Assist and/or direct the completion of special projects for WFC
- This position operates at a desk in an office environment and requires travel to multiple sites including but not limited to farming fields and packaging operations.
- Routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and scanners
- This position requires periods of sitting, standing and walking in different temperature climates at different facilities including walking on uneven field terrain or sitting in a vehicle to travel.
- Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Regularly required to speak and listen.
- The position requires ability to drive a vehicle and travel overnight
- This is a full-time salaried position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday. Periodically requires extended hours and weekend work
- Bachelor of Science in accounting
- 3 years or more as business unit controller or manager in production, manufacturing or agriculture environment
- Experience in managing and leading staff
- Demonstrated results from aligning people and process to build financial infrastructure such as implementing cost accounting methods and ERP systems
- High level of proficiency with data mining and analysis, process and procedure analysis and development of spreadsheet/financial reporting and metrics
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other relevant accounting statements
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to “think on your feet”
- Background working with in a multi-company or complex financial structure preferred
- Ability to analyze, investigate and resolve issues while maintaining accuracy, timeliness, and data integrity
- Ability to establish/maintain productive working relationships with staff, management and other departments
- Technical capacity
- Time management
- Strategic thinking
- Optimal listening skills
- Communication proficiency
- Inquisitive nature w/strong critical thinking skills
- Financial infrastructure development
- High ethical standards
- Collaborative cross-functional Team Player
Direct Reporting Functions:
- Leads and guides others through either a direct reporting relationship or from leading employees who do not report directly as a part of governing the financial infrastructure