Automated Harvesting LLC provides a high quality, cost effective harvesting solution utilizing the most efficient harvesting practices, while challenging the common conventions and industry norms of harvesting through automation, robotics and innovation.
Our operations are year-round, harvesting in California in the summer and Arizona during the winter season. The target goal of the company is to harvest the highest quality vegetables while utilizing the most ergonomic and effective automated harvesting equipment available.
We have an immediate opening for a Mechanic to join our team in Salinas, CA and Yuma, AZ.
The Mechanic is responsible for following the Maintenance Department Manager’s schedule for repair and maintenance of all company equipment.
The person we are looking for has/is:
- Bi-lingual preferred (proficient in both Spanish/English)
- Ability to travel with the company from Salinas, CA. to Yuma, AZ.
- High School graduate with previous work experience in machine repair and maintenance
- Ability to read schematics, technical diagrams, and operating manuals
- Expertise with precision measuring instruments, welding, power tools, and hand tools
- Working knowledge of safe equipment practices and ability to follow safety regulations
- Ability to stand & walk in all field conditions for up to 2.5 hours without a break, and up to 12 hours with breaks, bend, twist torso, raise arms above head, and stretch to reach
- Ability to lift up-to 100 pounds and work in awkward positions
- Capable of writing legibly
- Willingness to follow oral and written instructions
- Flexibility to work any shift and long hours as mandated by management
- Ability to pass post-offer, pre-employment drug test
We are a progressive company that believes in management through empowerment and we encourage responsible autonomy, out-of-the-box thinking, and team work effort to achieve our goals. We offer a competitive salary range and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), long & short term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, per diem in Yuma, a variety of employee incentive programs, and a bonus plan based on company profitability.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.