The Sales Coordinator provides the Sales team and cross functional departments with support in all aspects related to the sale of our product, including order fulfillment from start to finish, communication between our warehouse partners and appropriate ASO personnel and all other task(s) related to movement of our fruit in a timely manner and ensuring every detail is monitored and managed proactively, from PO all the way to collection of payment by our AR team. It requires a hands-on approach and close collaboration with sales, operations, quality and inventory control, accounting, remote warehouses, and transportation partners.
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills, be highly organized, excel at data entry, and have excellent planning and follow-through skills. The successful candidate will be well prepared to take on a proactive role in supporting our account management team in executing these tasks daily.
Department Structure: This position reports to the VP of Sales and Business Development, while also providing support for all Account Managers on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Support the sales team in the order entry process within Awe Sum’s ERP system
- Support the Sales team with accurate EDI order-management within all relevant customer platforms
- Verify order accuracy and send orders to our partner warehouses
- Support communication with warehouses, sales team, and transportation carriers to follow-up on orders
- Cross check and verify bills of lading for accuracy and consistency with our sales documents
- Send all passings and invoices to our customers in an accurate and timely manner
- Interface with transportation vendors to arrange for delivery of product to customers.
- Responsible for entry and verification of costs associated with all orders, including freight, warehouse fees, and customer specific charges.
- Perform clerical duties that support the sales process – such as answering phones, modifying documents, distributing reports, and filing paperwork
- Generate reports daily and as needed, to support the account management team
- Adhere to specific timelines throughout the day
- Work with appropriate departments to execute customer credits or price adjustments in a timely manner, including Price After Sale (PAS) and Return to Shipper (RTS) orders
- Provide an order check process, measuring for accuracy and attention to detail, reporting out to all relevant team members on the sales team and within other relevant departments as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience, with 1-3 years related experience preferred
- Produce industry experience highly desirable
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Adobe and experience with ERP platforms preferred
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions and engage in critical thinking while in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and timeliness
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, interpersonal
- Ability to learn new skills and tasks as needed
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to multitask. Prioritize and balance competing priorities
- A “can-do” attitude with the ability to take initiative on processes outside of defined job scope; including motivation to research and provide proactive solutions to management
- Ability to stay focused in the midst of an active and changing environment, and stay calm under pressure
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common industry information, orders and packing information.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to write clearly and present numerical data efficiently.
- Ability to communicate and effectively present information with management and others.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.