Ayco Farms Inc is seeking talented people to join our team! Our ideal candidate is hard working, innovative and customer-focused. We seek recent college grads or experienced candidates with a background in and a passion for delivering quality products with exceptional service while supporting community involvement efforts and sustainability.
While service to retailers, food services and wholesalers is the principal driver of our company, the customers are our main priority. The development of our operations from farming, to logistics and sales, has all been designed to best meet the needs of our customers and deliver quality products consistently. We feel strongly that sustainability and corporate responsibility are an all-embracing company-wide commitment.
- College degree in logistics/transportation preferred or 2 years equivalent of related Logistics experience in an Import/Export environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Import concepts rules and regulations, including FDA and US Customs agencies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of vessel clearance and port procedures.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze domestic and international shipping documents, contracts and procedures.
- Understanding of mathematics and basic accounting principles.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to solve challenging logistical problems and work with minimal direction.
- Proficient with Word and Excel.
- High level of initiative and proven team player.
- Must speak Spanish
- Work includes extensive telephone contact with carriers and cross-functional groups.
- For assigned Port(s), manage and coordinate movement of Imported Ocean containers to customer’s or Superior Foods warehouses.
- Generate downloads for all shipments to the US.
- Provide early identification of problem shipments. Communicate/resolve with stakeholders and coordinate/implement solutions.
- Work closely with transportation providers ensuring efficient and effective execution of defined processes. This includes confirming shipment ETA’s, reviewing routing, confirming shipping line, government agencies and port releases, requesting/confirming wire payments, scheduling delivery appointments, dispatching orders and confirming empty container returns.
- Perform invoicing and allocate freight costs. Liaison with Account Managers, Accounting and transportation providers, as needed, to resolve discrepancies.
- As needed, assist in negotiating freight rates with transportation providers, targeting cost reduction, freight savings and service.