This job plays a vital role in our New Jersey operation in ensuring the freshness and overall quality of our berries. This role leads the quality control team in ensuring all produce in our inventory complies with company standards.
- Thoroughly examining inbound and outbound shipments, assessing their quality in accordance with company standards, and maintaining communication with production/repacking supervisor
- Regularly checking the quality of produce while it is being stored for outbounds and conducting re-inspections when necessary
- Ensuring that all information is inputted in the QC Inspection System so inspection data can be uploaded in a timely matter
- Sending QC reports for inbound shipments to relevant internal departments as well as suppliers
- Monitoring fruit inventory both physically and in Famous software
- Advise on decision making regarding the destination of outbound fruit
- Directly communicating with growers when needed regarding quality issues
- Checking and printing order pick tickets for the production area, advising over quality when necessary
- Maintaining constant communication with the production/repacking supervisor over the quality of the fruit being processed and in storage
- Assist the warehouse manager with various duties
- Assist in food safety duties such as supervising logs and training
- Occasionally visiting different packing houses to oversee the production process
- Bilingual – must be fluent in both English and Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or agriculture or related field is preferred. Familiarity with produce, quality control methodologies, and food safety regulations is essential
- Prior experience in quality control or quality assurance within the produce industry. Experience with blueberries is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with teams both internally and externally
- Strong time management and flexibility required to work around fluctuating shipment schedules
- Physical requirements: Required to stand for extended periods of time. Required to be in cold environments for extended periods of time. Required to bend the waist and lift moderately heavy objects
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.