Berry People is a year-round, full-line shipper of organic and conventional berries and avocados, and owner of the Berry People® and Avo People® brands. Headquartered in Hollister, California, the company’s ownership and key alliance partners hold important production assets in California, Mexico, Chile, and Peru. Berry People operates with a strong company ethos along its entire supply chain that emphasizes complementarity, stewardship, and empathy.
We have a new opportunity for a qualified, talented, and motivated individual to be a part of our accounting team. As Accounting Controller, you will oversee administrative and financial accounting personnel and processes, as well as directly contribute alongside accounting personnel to ensure all transaction and other business activity is recorded, verified, consolidated, and entered correctly and on time. You will also maintain and further develop US GAAP policies and procedures, facilitate internal and external audits, ensure the integrity of accounting systems and processes, and provide accounting analysis and reporting as required. With the company’s international ownership and dynamic industry and financial institution relationships, the Accounting Controller will have the right mix of technical GAAP expertise as well as ground-up experience across the spectrum of accounting activities, and be able to lead, manage, and comfortably work alongside their accounting team in front-line activities, as is typical in a smaller to mid-sized company.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Thorough Knowledge of US GAAP Required
- Licensed CPA or highly competent CPA Candidates preferred
- Big 4 Experience preferred
- Foreign Currency Accounting
- LLC Capital Accounts Management
- Audit/Assurance Management Experience
- Wholesale & Manufacturing Accounting Experience Preferred
- Extensive ERP implementation experience required
- Min 10 Years of Experience
- Expert level Excel for Accounting and Financial Modeling
- Strong Technical Accounting in US GAAP Policies and Procedures
- Strong Mathematical Ability
- Spanish-English Bilingual Preferred
- Strong Reasoning, Problem Solving, and Pattern Recognition Ability
- Data Interpretation & Trend Recognition
- Extensive Transaction/Accounting Systems Experience
- Ability to Focus Amidst Multiple Shifting Priorities
- Outstanding Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, from Members to Junior Staffers
- Impeccable Integrity
- Strong Work Ethic
- Confidence, Patience, and Humility
- Multi-Tasker and Agile in Prioritization
- Rigorous Detail
- Discrete in Managing Confidential/Sensitive Company Information
- Analytical and Passionate About their Work
- Personable and Multi-Cultural
We offer competitive wages as well as a premium health, dental and vision package.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.