Join us at Bonduelle to start an adventure where people come first and contribute to a better future through plant-based food!
By joining Bonduelle, the world leader in ready-to-use plant-based food, you are deciding to make a positive and sustainable impact on yourself, the others and the planet. You will play an active part in our mission: "inspire the transition toward a plant-based diet to contribute to people's well-being and planet health". Bonduelle is a family-run company of 14,600 people which provides over 100 countries with vegetables.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Post-Harvest Inspector to join our team in Salinas, CA with seasonal relocation to Yuma, AZ.
The Post-Harvest Inspector is an integral member of our team. As a Post-Harvest Inspector, your ability to verify quality, condition and counts of incoming produce will help assure both the quality and accurate accounting of our products. You will complete produce inspections and provide inspection details to sales team thru the effective use of technology and communication via phone and email, in a fast-paced environment.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Must have direct produce knowledge
- Preferred knowledge of USDA and PACA rules
- Preferred knowledge of proper use of produce inspection equipment.
- Preferred experience using Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) as well as experience working in ERP systems, Produce Pro experience a plus.
- Organizational Support-Follow policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals, values and over all company culture.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Possess good written communication skills and be able to read, write and comprehend English.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; Capable of working in priority situations; multi-tasking and providing solutions to day-to-day issues. Detail oriented.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibilities for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Take responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments. Availability to work weekends, holidays, and other prime times of the business.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues, by rewarding employees who bring these to our attention.