Busy Bee’s Organics (BBO) is a licensed cannabis business focused on the legal and compliant cultivation of craft cannabis for the fresh and fresh frozen market in California. Busy Bee’s mission is to cultivate high quality, organic healing medicinal plants. Our tagline is to grow happy plants for happy people with love in Santa Barbara County. BBO is a fast-paced, and innovative industry-leader providing opportunities to learn and grow with the company. We hold nursery, cultivation and processing licenses and are a trusted, well-regarded grower in the cannabis industry.
We have an immediate opening for an Inventory/METRC Supervisor to join us in Buelton, CA.
This person will be responsible for the management of California’s Track and Trace METRC program to comply with all State of California rules and regulations. METRC stands for Marijuana Enforcement, Tracking, Reporting, and Compliance. METRC is a web-based, state-mandated tracking and reporting software to maintain chain of custody of all marijuana products from seed to sale. Tasks include, but are not limited to, METRC tag orders, plant tagging, package tagging, inventory control and order fulfillment. This position is responsible for implementing all internal processes and procedures while ensuring the operation stays compliant and meets all county, state and federal regulations.
We offer a competitive salary (DOE), Health insurance after 60 days of employment, and PTO.
- Has 2-3 years’ experience in warehouse management, inventory control or supply chain management.
- Cannabis knowledge and industry experience preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding of inventory control.
- Strong attention to detail, reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies & procedures clearly.
- Advanced computer skills including Windows/MS Office (Word & Excel), Quick Books, Inventory Management, Order Management, Compliance and Reporting Software.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Efficient planning, prioritization and implementation of detailed instructions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or information sciences or minimum 3 years relevant experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Advanced Excel required.
- METRC training preferred.
- Cannabis industry experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Minimal travel is expected for this position.
- Manage tag orders, coordinate plant tagging, and track all cannabis harvest, inventory and waste activity for the Company. Maintains an inventory of tags, labels, and other supplies necessary for Track & Trace. Allocate inventory to the appropriate invoice, pull and pack orders and label the shipper(s), stage orders for packing and shipping.
- Measure, track and report daily inventory, discrepancies and sales.
- Review and audit outgoing tagged Packages in Storage and the METRC software. Manage and review all outgoing METRC orders, ensuring complete accuracy with the manifests and invoices. Conduct/lead physical inventory audits to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Coordinate and process all client shipments with a focus on response time and accuracy. Track sales on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Tracking company expenses, generating expense reports and procurement of office and METRC supplies.
- Lead the Inventory Department, be accountable for the department growth, recommend software solutions & innovations, design SOPs, methods, policies & procedures to advance the department to ensure it meets the needs of the company. Identify cost-effective strategies and efficiencies to improve the department. Establish and maintain a teamwork environment.