The California Avocado Commission is looking for a Marketing Manager at their Irvine office. The California Avocado Commission is responsible for the marketing and advertising of California avocados, as well as participating in industry wide activities, that together will help create a more profitable market environment.
- Assist with social media* content calendar (managing the review process of the content the agency is developing and/or developing their own copy/content for our social platforms, or a mixture of both which is my preference)
- Manage social media customer service (replies, engagements, surprise and delight, contests etc.)
- Manage social media outreach (browsing avocado and culinary content, building relationships with influencers and customers etc.)
- Manage influencer partnerships and content development deliverables, would include content for CAC’s channels, content for influencers channels as well as content for retailers
- Assist with brand advocate/dietitian content reviews
- Assist with email program project, integration and growth
- Assist with website content development, content management system posting and maintenance based on direction from online marketing director
Public Relations Assistance:
- Assist with management of public relations programs
- Review and edit public relations content including press releases, mat releases, announcement and other program content
- Maintain library of USDA-approved avocado nutrition messaging; update as new messaging becomes available and assist with reviews of nutrition-related conten
- Submission of Marketing materials to USDA (training will be provided)
- Manage recipes and recipe development process
- Data entry of various forms received, (10-key experience not required)
- Printing and copying
- Mailing of various printed materials
- Management of avocado orders for Marketing programs
- Assembling of Point-Of-Sale kits for mailings
- Fulfillment of POS orders
- Fulfillment of grower, handler and consumer orders
- Occasional foreign shipments
- In-house inventory management of marketing materials
- Assist with Marketing events as requested
- Assist with or manage other Marketing projects as needed
- 5-10 years successful relevant marketing experience and passion for food.
- Agriculture industry experience preferred.
- Possess excellent writing skills, proficient with Microsoft Office software, Adobe PhotoShop/Acrobat and WordPress.
- Experience with project management, agency management, influencers and influencer relations. Background in photography and videography.
- Able to work in a hybrid office environment and lift boxes up to 50 pounds maximum.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.