Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, and we are growing. The secret to our success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s was founded in quality, and we are proud that it is still our focus.
With a team of dedicated people who are passionate about food, supply chain, and their community we are looking for like-minded individuals to help further our goal to enhance our communities through quality produce.
Responsible for meeting sales goals, obtaining new accounts and maintaining a professional image, continuously promote and sell Charlie’s products and services to existing and potential new customers. This role will also manage an assigned group of account sales. Responsibilities for these program accounts will include but are not limited to: service issues inquiries, new product needs, business review scheduling & budgeting. As well as regular sales calls and visits with the customer.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To:
- Must be a driven sale professional capable of cold calling and prospecting.
- Hunter mentality with a large emphasis on hunting new business opportunities.
- Must have great time management skills and able to multi-task and work well under stressful situations.
- Able to meet and/or exceed sales goals developed by the management team.
- Demonstrates qualities and skills necessary to be self-motivated, aggressive and disciplined enough to perform job requirements without requiring constant supervision.
- Is resourceful and innovative in acquiring new account information and peruses opportunities to increase sales, either through new accounts, prospects or existing accounts.
- Effective at cold calling.
- Demonstrates administrative abilities in managing accounts and service needs.
- Willing to take extra steps and/or time necessary to ensure follow-through on details.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards job and accepts correction from owners/supervisor if mistake is made or constructive criticism is needed.
- Utilizes effective communication skills associated with interacting daily with co-workers and customers. Is positive/constructive with co-workers in addressing any problems they may incur while order taking, picking and or communicating with customers.
- Demonstrates ability to manage a diverse and high-volume book of business with emphasis on customer relations, customer satisfaction and client retention.
- Demonstrates ability to grow client base through new and preexisting industry relationships.
- Comfortable maintaining high standards of customer satisfaction even while working in the field away from the office.
- Must be professional, punctual, and team oriented.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving Analysis
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Proven sales/profitability track record
- At least 2 years in the produce/food industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test (does not include marijuana)
- Must be willing to sign an arbitration agreement.
- Clean motor vehicle report
What we offer:
- An amazing company culture!
- Medical/Dental/Vision on the first of the month following hire.
- ESOP (Profit Sharing) and 401(k).
- Paid vacations, paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, and onsite parking.
- Coverage under State Sick Leave.
- 100% Prepaid College Tuition for employees and their dependents.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Additional Compensation Details:
- Salary Range: $70K -$85K Depending on Experience
- Potential 90-day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent on factors, including but not limited to, the individual’s qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as physical work location within the state.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
****Recruiters - DO NOT CONTACT!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.