Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Retail Sales Manager in Irwindale, CA.
The Retail Sales Manager will be responsible for leading the growth and profitability of Los Angeles Retail Sales division of Charlie’s Produce. Coordinate sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes used within the sales department. Proactively monitor and maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales department planning efforts. Mentor and guide the retail sales and merchandising team to reach sales quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Dynamic self-starter, strategic and independent thinker with excellent business acumen.
- Minimum 5 years in the produce/grocery/food industry at the sales management level.
- Proven sales/profitability track record.
- Ability to manage change and facilitate the implementation of new programs through the use of the sales team.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading a team of sales representatives/ account executives.
- Strong and well-organized manager, communicator and team builder.
- Proficient in Category management and reporting systems.
- Ability to perform market pricing analysis.
- Advanced MS Office experience (Outlook and Excel) and AS400
- Able to work flexible hours and days as required by the work load
- Spanish bilingual a plus
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.