Christensen & Giannini, LLC is an established grower of fresh vegetables (row crops) seeking an Accounting Manager for its office in Salinas, CA. The Accounting Manager is responsible for all aspects of A/R, crop costs and grower accounting. This position participates in month end close and budgeting process as well as assisting the Controller and Assistant Controller with day-to-day operations and reporting requirements.
- Manage all aspects of A/R, crop costs and grower accounting.
- Work closely with General Manager regarding grower and harvesting contracts, quotes and purchase orders.
- Manage the month-end financial close of all job costing and prepare reports as needed and/or required.
- Oversee invoicing and grower/cost accounting staff.
- Oversee the timely and accurate invoicing of customers and handling overdue payments/collections.
- Monitor invoicing and money collection process.
- Communicate daily with shippers/customers.
- Works directly with shippers/customers to obtain yield and date to support grower revenue.
- Maintain records of invoices, deposits and correspondence regarding payment collections
- Direct, coordinate and help respond to customer, partners and sales questions
- Reconcile discrepancies and solve problems and disputes in order to expedite collections
- Partner with farm operations to ensure accurate and timely capture and reporting of all farm costs and operational metrics.
- Ability to provide real-time feedback on the financial performance of farm operations.
- Develop value-added analysis to help identify revenue and cost opportunities and work directly with the operations team to develop strategies to improve financial performance.
- Engaged in implementation of these solutions and provide reporting against progress towards established objectives.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of cost accounting experience preferably in the manufacturing/produce business.
- 2 years management or supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of cost and grower accounting procedures in the agriculture industry including but not limited to growing, harvesting, cooling, & transporting.
- Extensive Excel and General Ledger systems knowledge.
- FAMOUS software knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes.
- Strong Business acumen, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving skills, especially within a highly innovative environment
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills, and proactive thought leadership.
- Comfortable interfacing with and presenting to executive management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence all levels, including senior-level executives, with strong interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy representing the Finance and Accounting department in executive settings.
- Track record of success in delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- High energy level with the ability to supervise, motivate, support staff, and to take ownership.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of cost accounting principles, systems, and procedures.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Multi-task with parallel deadlines.
- Examine and verify financial documents.
- Demonstrate good work paper and analytical techniques.
- Communicate financial information with department managers.
- Exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Maintain staff development and cross training.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with computer hardware and software necessary to perform duties (Famous, Excel).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Valid CA Driver’s License.
- Health Plan
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.