Church Brothers Farms is a vertically-integrated family owned and operated company that produces a full line of fresh vegetables year round with an in-house farming/harvest program and state-of-the-art processing plant, True Leaf farms. We are a grower-owned processor, farming the majority of our raw product ourselves; adhering to industry-leading food safety and quality standards. The Church family has a legacy of service and innovation, we deliver produce with passion.
We are now searching for an Electrical Plant Technician who will work between our facilities in San Juan Bautista, CA and Yuma, AZ.
This position provides project controls support to all areas of the plant facilities. Assists in identifying, evaluating and selecting the Automation hardware and software necessary to meet current and future production requirements. Assists in managing the controls and automation interface, testing, quality control, data retrieval, and training for all packaging and processing equipment, but not limited too. Determines the effectiveness and maintainability of new automation systems and manages the automation change process for existing equipment. Supports and promotes food safety and quality program indicatives within the plant environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associates degree or Master Electricians Certification.
- Two years or more experience in facilities and Maintenance Management repair within a produce processing plant or related manufacturer.
- Five or more years as an electrician in a produce processing plant.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) a plus.
- A minimum of three (3-5) years of manufacturing equipment maintenance experience with increasing levels of responsibility and authority experience desired.
- Experienced with ammonia refrigeration systems, VFFS packaging machines, industrial electronics and controls, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and associated plant support equipment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and standard operating procedures.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with multi-level audiences; bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Able to travel/relocate as required
This is an amazing opportunity to join an industry leader. We offer a competitive compensation package, and an excellent place to work.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.