Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking an experienced Agricultural Sales Manager to oversee and manage the sales team for our agricultural products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing sales strategies, building relationships with customers and distributors, and expanding customer base.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment in agricultural sales, exceptional communication and negotiation skills, and the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Sell a variety of produce commodities and niche market products.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Identify new business opportunities and expand the customer base by developing and maintaining relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Manage and lead the sales team, providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Conduct market research and analysis to stay up-to-date on industry trends and customer needs
- Collaborate with other departments, including accounting, production, shipping and receiving, and logistics, to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Create and deliver compelling sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with distributors and dealers.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and other events to promote the company’s products and services.
- Monitor sales metrics and report on sales performance to CFO.
- Reporting to CFO on all accounting matters such as customer nonpayment, expenses, etc.
- Demonstrate current, in-depth knowledge of product features, innovative growing, processing practices, and company history.
- Provide exceptional customer service to existing customer base.
- Oversee, manage, and deliver frequent reporting of sales leads and progress.
- Maintain awareness of market nuances, needs, and provide recommendations /adjustments when indicated.
- Perform sales transactions as prescribed per policy.
- Manages customer complaints by pursuing win-win outcomes.
- Address, resolve, and analyze customer credits per policy, noting trends and providing recommendations.
- Ensures appropriate level of confidentiality with personnel, department, and organizational matters.
- Actively engages in new product development.
- Works closely with c-suite and others to ensure current messaging.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 4 years managing experience.
- Proven track record of success in agricultural sales.
- Exceptional interpersonal customer service and communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify sales patterns and trends.
- Advanced time management skills.
- Positive, team-oriented, self-motivated.
- Bachelor’s preferred but will consider relevant work experience.
- Must be willing to travel to meet with customers and attend Produce Marketing Association (PMA), Organic Produce Summit (OPS), and other conferences/shows.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently, safely, and successfully with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
- Ability to travel as required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.