Produce Company has proudly grown into one of Texas's largest privately-owned produce distributors. With deliveries 365-days a year, 7-days a week, and multiple runs per day, Company has set the gold standard for service. We serve many clients, including restaurants, hotels, country clubs, caterers, grocery stores, and retail outlets.
The Buyer is responsible for material planning, scheduling, negotiating, sourcing, and procurement of raw materials, parts, and components consistent with company policies and procedures. This position ensures the continuous flow of materials to support production in the most efficient and cost-effective manner by managing the supply chain.
- Plan, prepare, and process daily requisitions and purchase orders to support production needs, and expedite orders to support production needs.
- Expedite orders when necessary.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration skills by open communication and sharing pertinent business information.
- Establish and maintain order policies and lead times for products, and request pricing quotes from suppliers to determine the best supply source.
- Identify and qualify new or alternate raw material sources, represent the company successfully, and exercise flexibility in their approach to negotiations with suppliers.
- Review suppliers to ensure they understand the quality and delivery requirements.
- Maintain flexibility, high quality, and competitive pricing in the supplier base.
- Anticipate potential problems and risks, and generate ideas, insight, and solutions to resolve problems.
- Analyze supplier performance and negotiate lead time reduction and/or stocking programs with suppliers to reduce inventory burden.
- 3-5 years of purchasing experience
- Knowledge of product and service vendor sources
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices
- Ability to analyze varying product and service features, prices, and qualities, and determine the most cost-effective purchase for the organization
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Good time management and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Physical Demands/ Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This position works in an office environment with moderate to high noise levels.
- Individual sits for long periods of time while operating a keyboard and communicating via telephone.
- May involve standing/walking as needed primarily on a level surface throughout the day.
- May include lifting things up to 30 pounds, on occasion.
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Weekly